USA Biomedical Library's blog
A message from Academic Computing:
The University connection to the Internet will be down from 9PM to 10PM Thursday, May 31, for Internet service upgrades. During this outage, all University network resources including the main University web server, GroupWise and Jaguar1 email, and PAWS will be inaccessible from the Internet.
Individuals on campus at this time will not have access to Internet resources.
The JagMail system will be accesible from off-campus, but not at theUniversity.
It will not be possible to log into Sakai during this outage.
The Residence Hall Internet service will also be down during this period.
The May issue of Biofeedback is here. Congratulations to the graduates! Welcome to summer, everyone!
- Director's Notes
- PubMed Filters Sidebar Replaces Limits Feature
- CME Available for Point of Care Information access
- New ILL Electronic Delivery Method Via ILLiad
- Biomedical Library Summer Hours 2012
- Technology Corner: Taking Notes on the iPad
- Comparing Varying Types of Research Literature: A Review
- Library-Lead Book Drive Collects Over 2400 Books for Kids
- Biomedical Library Participates in Gumbo/Chili Showdown
- Biomedical Library Personnel Exhibit at Health Fair
- Faculty Publications March-May 2012
The Biomedical Library will be hosting extended hours for exam study on the following evenings:
- Friday, April 27 - 7:15am-9:45pm
- Saturday, April 28 - 9:00am-9:45pm
- Friday, May 4 - 7:15am-9:45pm
- Saturday, May 5 - 9:00am-9:45pm
The University Library will be hosting their own extended study hours, which will also include weeknights, and are offering a complete list of library study hours at all locations.
Good luck with exams!
photo credit: Ohio University Libraries
New Electronic Delivery Method via ILLiad
The Baugh Biomedical Library, Interlibrary Loans/Document Delivery Department is in the process of integrating our delivery methods for ILL articles. In the future, your articles will be posted as PDF files on your ILLiad account. Once your request has been received and processed by the ILL staff, ILLiad will automatically send you an email with the URL and instructions to retrieve your articles.
Log into your ILLiad account
Go to your Main Menu, under View, click on the Electronic Delivery option.
At Electronically Received Articles, click on the PDF/View link and the article will download.
It’s as simple as that and the best advantages are:
1. You will not have to log into a separate site to retrieve your articles. No more PIN
numbers – just remember your ILLiad username/password.
2. Your articles will be accessible for 30 days from the date of posting.
***Please Note*** We are in the process of phasing out the Ariel delivery method, so you may still receive emails directing you to the old electronic delivery site for previous article requests.
If you have any questions or problems downloading your articles, please call the Baugh Biomedical Library, Interlibrary Loans/Document Delivery Department at 251-460-6891 or
email at email@example.com.
We hope you will enjoy this new delivery aspect of ILLiad.
-Evelyn Reed, Library Supervisor - Interlibrary Loans/Document Delivery Department
AccessMedicine will be undergoing scheduled maintenance while moving to new servers from Wednesday night to early Thursday morning, April 11-12. The database will be unavailable beginning at 11:00pm CDT and is expected to be down for about 2 hours.
April 9-13,2012 is National Library Week! The Biomedical Library is celebrating, and you can, too, by dropping a book for the kids and teens of Children's and Women's Hospital at any USA Library location and by participating in our Trivia Scramble to win one of our prizes!
National Library Week Trivia Scramble
- Free gift for anyone who enters the drawing at a library location!
- Daily drawings for prizes!
- Grand prize drawing for an iPod Nano
To enter solve the word scramble here on our website or visit us on campus or in the hospital in the HIRC. Happy National Library Week!
The Biomedical Library will be closed this Sunday, April 8, 2012 for the Easter Holiday. We will reopen with regularly scheduled hours on Monday, April 9.
photo credit: El Frito
The Biomedical Library will host a series of iPad Users Group Meetings for faculty members, staff, and students interested in the iPad in education, research, or clinical roles. Technology Librarian Andrea Wright will bring some app recommendations and tips and tricks to get the meeting started, but group discussion about best uses, suggestions of useful apps, and group problem solving will all be encouraged.
Dates and Locations
USA Biomedical Library - Room 222-A
Wednesday, March 28 - 1:00 pm
USA Medical Center - 3 South Conference Room
Tuesday, April 3 - 2:30 pm
USA Children's and Women's Hospital - CWEB2 Classroom A
Wednesday, April 4 - 3:00 pm
Baugh Biomedical Library
University of South Alabama
photo credit: Standford EdTech
Welcome to another addition of the Biofeedback Newsletter.
- Director's Notes - Flodin Donation
- ProQuest Statistical Data Sets
- Room Available for Presentation Practice
- Biomedical Library Included on Annual Fund Response Cards
- MedEd Portal
- MedlinePlus Connect Links EHRs to Trusted Health Info
- Health Care and Medical Video Resources
- National Library Week Book Drive for USA Children's Medical Center
- PubMed and MEDLINE Explained
- Faculty Publications January-March 2012
The Biomedical Library will be slightly shortening some of our evening hours during spring break. The adjusted schedule is as follows:
- Friday, March 9 - 7:15am-4:45pm
- Saturday, March 10 - 9:00am-5:45pm
- Sunday, March 11 - 1:00pm-9:45pm
- Monday, March 12-Thursday, March 15 - 7:15-9:45pm
- Friday, March 16 - 7:15am-4:45pm
- Saturday, March 17 - 9:00am-5:45pm
- Sunday, March 18 - 1:00pm-9:45pm
Have a great spring break!
photo credit: joiseyshowaa