USA Biomedical Library's blog
Welcome to another addition of the Biofeedback Newsletter.
- Director's Notes - Flodin Donation
- ProQuest Statistical Data Sets
- Room Available for Presentation Practice
- Biomedical Library Included on Annual Fund Response Cards
- MedEd Portal
- MedlinePlus Connect Links EHRs to Trusted Health Info
- Health Care and Medical Video Resources
- National Library Week Book Drive for USA Children's Medical Center
- PubMed and MEDLINE Explained
- Faculty Publications January-March 2012
The Biomedical Library will be slightly shortening some of our evening hours during spring break. The adjusted schedule is as follows:
- Friday, March 9 - 7:15am-4:45pm
- Saturday, March 10 - 9:00am-5:45pm
- Sunday, March 11 - 1:00pm-9:45pm
- Monday, March 12-Thursday, March 15 - 7:15-9:45pm
- Friday, March 16 - 7:15am-4:45pm
- Saturday, March 17 - 9:00am-5:45pm
- Sunday, March 18 - 1:00pm-9:45pm
Have a great spring break!
photo credit: joiseyshowaa
Welcome to the first Biofeedback issue of 2012!
- Director's Notes
- Value of Libraries in Patient Care Study Report
- Image Resources
- Library News
- NLM/NIH Resource News
- Recent Faculty Publications
The Biomedical Library will be closed Monday, January 16, 2012 in observance of Martin Luther King Jr Day. It will reopen with regularly scheduled hours on Tuesday morning.
Please consider joining other students, staff, and faculty during the free day at the MLK Day of Service, and honor Dr. King's memory by doing some good in our community! More information about how you can get involved is available on the university website.
The holiday break schedule for the Biomedical Library will be as follows:
Saturday, Dec 17 & Sunday, Dec 18: Closed
Monday, Dec 19-Thursday, Dec 22: 8am-5pm
Friday, Dec 23-Monday, Jan 2: Closed
A campus-wide power-outage will take down the Biomedical Library web server from Monday, December 26 through Friday, December 30. During this time, please use our emergency-access website ALHeLA911.org or the University Library's website to access our resources. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Have a happy holiday season!
The Biomedical Library employees are mourning the passing of co-worker, Loretta Johnson. Loretta began work at the Medical Center Library 25 years ago and later moved to the Campus site where she worked the reference desk and interlibrary loan during the evening hours. Fellow employees have described her as kind, always nice to everyone and a wonderful person. She was also described as a good listener, was loving and had a great sense of humor. Loretta was a caring person and went the extra mile to meet the needs of the library users. She touched the lives of many people, employees and students alike. Her remains will lie in state at Small’s Mortuary, Mobile, AL on Monday, December 12, 2011 from 1:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. Visitation will be held on Tuesday, December 13, 2011 from 9:00 a.m. until the 11:00 a.m. funeral hour in the Small’s Mortuary Chapel, 950 S. Broad St, Mobile, AL. The Interment will follow in the Lawn Haven Cemetery, Theodore, AL. Memories and condolences can be shared via
The latest edition of the Biofeedback is hitting the virtual stands. Happy Holidays!
- Director's Notes - High Tech, High Touch
- Library Services for Children’s and Women’s Hospital
- New Resources Added to AccessMedicine
- Level of Evidence Added to Clinical Pharmacology Oncology Drug Monographs
- Your Favorite Library Resources
- All Hospital Library Staff Are Now Consumer Health Information Specialists
- PubMed Health - A Growing Resource for Clinical Effectiveness Information
- Free E-Books Now Available for National Academies Press
- Health and Safety Information About Common Dietary Supplements
- Haz-Map: Link Work-Related Diseases and Chemicals
- PubMed & PubMed Central: What is the difference?
- The Journal of the American Psychiatric Nurses Association Joins MEDLINE
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine Membership
The Biomedical Library will host extended study hours for exams for the next two weekends. The extended study hours will be as follows:
- Friday, Dec 2, 2011 - 7:15am - 9:45pm
- Saturday, Dec 3, 2011 - 9:00am - 9:45pm
- Friday, Dec 9, 2011 - 7:15am - 9:45pm
- Saturday, Dec 10, 2011 - 9:00am - 9:45pm
Regular and holiday hours can be viewed on the hours page.
photo: Betta Design
The Biomedical Library will be closing for Thanksgiving break at noon on Wednesday, November 23, 2011. It will remained closed Thursday, November 24 and Friday, November 25. We will reopen on Saturday, November 27 with normal operating hours.
Have a great break, and thanks being part of our supportive community!
photo credit: 9teen87