USA Biomedical Library's blog
AccessMedicine will be undergoing scheduled maintenance while moving to new servers from Wednesday night to early Thursday morning, April 11-12. The database will be unavailable beginning at 11:00pm CDT and is expected to be down for about 2 hours.
April 9-13,2012 is National Library Week! The Biomedical Library is celebrating, and you can, too, by dropping a book for the kids and teens of Children's and Women's Hospital at any USA Library location and by participating in our Trivia Scramble to win one of our prizes!
National Library Week Trivia Scramble
- Free gift for anyone who enters the drawing at a library location!
- Daily drawings for prizes!
- Grand prize drawing for an iPod Nano
To enter solve the word scramble here on our website or visit us on campus or in the hospital in the HIRC. Happy National Library Week!
The Biomedical Library will be closed this Sunday, April 8, 2012 for the Easter Holiday. We will reopen with regularly scheduled hours on Monday, April 9.
photo credit: El Frito
The Biomedical Library will host a series of iPad Users Group Meetings for faculty members, staff, and students interested in the iPad in education, research, or clinical roles. Technology Librarian Andrea Wright will bring some app recommendations and tips and tricks to get the meeting started, but group discussion about best uses, suggestions of useful apps, and group problem solving will all be encouraged.
Dates and Locations
USA Biomedical Library - Room 222-A
Wednesday, March 28 - 1:00 pm
USA Medical Center - 3 South Conference Room
Tuesday, April 3 - 2:30 pm
USA Children's and Women's Hospital - CWEB2 Classroom A
Wednesday, April 4 - 3:00 pm
Baugh Biomedical Library
University of South Alabama
photo credit: Standford EdTech
Welcome to another addition of the Biofeedback Newsletter.
- Director's Notes - Flodin Donation
- ProQuest Statistical Data Sets
- Room Available for Presentation Practice
- Biomedical Library Included on Annual Fund Response Cards
- MedEd Portal
- MedlinePlus Connect Links EHRs to Trusted Health Info
- Health Care and Medical Video Resources
- National Library Week Book Drive for USA Children's Medical Center
- PubMed and MEDLINE Explained
- Faculty Publications January-March 2012
The Biomedical Library will be slightly shortening some of our evening hours during spring break. The adjusted schedule is as follows:
- Friday, March 9 - 7:15am-4:45pm
- Saturday, March 10 - 9:00am-5:45pm
- Sunday, March 11 - 1:00pm-9:45pm
- Monday, March 12-Thursday, March 15 - 7:15-9:45pm
- Friday, March 16 - 7:15am-4:45pm
- Saturday, March 17 - 9:00am-5:45pm
- Sunday, March 18 - 1:00pm-9:45pm
Have a great spring break!
photo credit: joiseyshowaa
Welcome to the first Biofeedback issue of 2012!
- Director's Notes
- Value of Libraries in Patient Care Study Report
- Image Resources
- Library News
- NLM/NIH Resource News
- Recent Faculty Publications
The Biomedical Library will be closed Monday, January 16, 2012 in observance of Martin Luther King Jr Day. It will reopen with regularly scheduled hours on Tuesday morning.
Please consider joining other students, staff, and faculty during the free day at the MLK Day of Service, and honor Dr. King's memory by doing some good in our community! More information about how you can get involved is available on the university website.
The holiday break schedule for the Biomedical Library will be as follows:
Saturday, Dec 17 & Sunday, Dec 18: Closed
Monday, Dec 19-Thursday, Dec 22: 8am-5pm
Friday, Dec 23-Monday, Jan 2: Closed
A campus-wide power-outage will take down the Biomedical Library web server from Monday, December 26 through Friday, December 30. During this time, please use our emergency-access website ALHeLA911.org or the University Library's website to access our resources. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Have a happy holiday season!