USA Biomedical Library's blog
Welcome to the 102nd issue of Biofeedback.
- Director's Notes
- Springer Images
- Tech Corner: Free App Update
- Benefits of a My Access Personal Account in AccessMedicine and AccessSurgery
- ClinicalKey Video Guided Tour
- Community Health Outreach to Seniors: a Healthcare Information for Seniors Project Update
- Write Articles? Meet JANE: the Journal/Article Name Estimator
- TEDMED Talks
- World Health Organization Joins PubMed Central
- NLM Launches Value Set Authority Center
- Faculty Publications: May-July 2014
The Biomedical Library will be hosting extended hours this weekend for exam study.
- Friday, July 18 - 7:15am-9:45pm
- Saturday, July 19 - 9:00am-9:45pm
Good luck on your finals!
photo credit: US Library of Congress
The Baugh Biomedical Library will be closed on Friday, July 4 in honor of Independence Day. It will open with regularly scheduled hours on Saturday, July 5.
The Health Information Resource Center at the USA Medical Center will be closed Friday, as well, but will remain accessible with 24-hour key card access through the security desk.
Enjoy your Fourth of July!
photo credit: The Doy Leale McCall Rare Book and Manuscript Library
Welcome to the 101st issue of the Biofeedback!
- Director's Notes
- Off-Campus Login Changes
- Increasing Value and Reducing Waste in Research
- Librarians' Roles in Producing Systematic Reviews
- Healthcare Information for Seniors (HCIS) Project
- Create Your ClinicalKey Personal Account
- Electronic Versus Print: Which is Better for Cognition?
- Canopy Medical Translator
- MeSH on Demand: Get Subject Headings from Abstracts
- Faculty Publications: March-May 2014
photo: "Gulf Shores Shrimp Festival 1973" from the Press Register collection of The Doy Leale McCall Rare Book and Manuscript Library, University of South Alabama
The Baugh Biomedical Library will be closed Monday, May 26, 2014 for the Memorial Day holiday. The Health Information Resource Center will also be closed, but will remain available through 24-hour key card access as usual. Regular hours will resume on Tuesday morning.
Enjoy the holiday weekend!
photo credit: Randy Robertson
The Biomedical Library will be closed due to a planned campus power outage this Sunday, May 18. Since the web server is housed on site, this will also cause the website to be down for several hours.
Biomedical Library resources can be accessed during this time in the following ways:
Marx Library website: http://www.usouthal.edu/univlib/database/medical.html
ALHeLA911.org emergency backup: http://www.alhela911.org/?page_id=9
Please bookmark these sites ahead of time for Sunday availability.
The Biomedical Library will be observing extended study hours for the next two weekends.
Friday, April 25: 7:15am-9:45pm
Saturday, April 26: 9:00am-9:45pm
Friday, May 2: 7:15am-9:45pm
Saturday, May 3: 9:00am-9:45pm
Good luck on your exams!
photo credit: blissfully ethereal
The USA Biomedical Library will be closed for Easter on Sunday, April 20, 2014. We will be open on the Friday and Saturday preceding, as usual, and will reopen for regularly scheduled hours on Monday, April 21.
photo credit: Påskekort (Easter card), ca 1916, National Library of Norway
In celebration of National Library Week, the University Libraries will be collecting books for the children and teens of the USA Children’s Medical Center. Please consider donating new or gently-used books for young people at one of our drop boxes located at the Baugh Biomedical Library, UMC Health Information Resource Center (on the 3rd floor), or at the Marx Library. The book drive will run from this Friday, April 11 to Friday, April 18. If you would like to arrange for pick-up of a box, have a box stationed in your department, or if you have further questions, please contact Andrea Wright at firstname.lastname@example.org or 461-1424.
Welcome to the 100th issue of the Biofeedback Newsletter!
- Director's Notes
- Meet New Outreach Librarian Christy C. Kent
- Librarians Participate in Homeless Connect Event
- New Platform for AccessMedicine & Access Surgery
- ClinicalKey Personal Account & Quick Guide
- Medicine Portal Update
- The Value of Medical Libraries and Librarians in Today’s Health Care Environment
- Online Data Sources
- Altmetrics: New Way of Looking At Research Productivity
- Subject Guides from the National Library of Medicine
- Older Citations Added to PubMed
- Faculty Publications - January-March 2014