USA Biomedical Library's blog
The Baugh Biomedical Library will close at noon on Wednesday, November 23, 2016 and remain closed through Saturday, November 26. It will reopen with usual hours at 1pm on Sunday, November 27.
The Health Information Resource Center at UMC will be unstaffed from noon Wednesday, November 23, 2016 through Sunday, November 27. Card access will be available 24/7 during this time as usual. HIRC will open with regular staffing hours Monday morning, November 28.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
photo credit: Dave Grubb
The Biomedical Library has started a trial on Amirsys Imaging Reference
Center until October 15.
Amirsys Imaging Reference Center's content is authored by a team of over
300 leading radiologists, pathologists, and anatomists. Amirsys provides
medical information images ranging from clinical diagnostic support to
The Biomedical Library currently is also having a trial on VisualDX, a
differential diagnosis tool, focusing on improving diagnostic accuracy
through visualization of diseases. If you have not had chance,
please try VisualDX as well.
Please compare the two imaging products, and let us know which one you like.
Send feedback to Jie Li at 460-6890 or email@example.com.
The Biomedical Library will be closed Monday, September 5, 2016 in observance of Labor Day. Saturday and Sunday hours will not be affected. And the library will reopen with regularly scheduled hours on Tuesday morning.
Have a safe and happy Labor Day!
Welcome to the 109th issue of Biofeedback.
- Staff Spotlight: Trevor Elmore
- Outreach Activities Throughout the Community
- Physical Fitness
- Biomedical Librarians Present at MLA's Annual Meeting
- Prospero, A Protocol Registry for Systematic Reviews
- Covidence Systematic Review Software
- REDCap: A Tool for Data Collection
- The USA Biomedical Library's and the Children's & Women's NICU Continues Partnership
- Ovid Multimedia
- Full Text Finder Added to UpToDate References
- Primal Pictures on Mobile Devices
- UptoDate Usage
- Faculty Publications: Spring 2016 (January 2016 to April 2016)
photo credit: Swimmers at Dauphin Island, Alabama from the collection of the McCall Rare Book and Manuscript Library at the University of South Alabama
The Biomedical Library is having a trial on VisualDX until the end of September.
VisualDx is a differential diagnosis tool, focusing on improving diagnostic accuracy through visualization of diseases. It is also an educational resource for health sciences students and residents and can be used as a point-of-care reference. The database covers over 2,700 pediatric and adult conditions with almost 40,000 images, and is an appropriate application for the fields of dermatology, emergency medicine, internal medicine, family medicine, and pediatrics. The tool supports limiting by symptoms/signs, location, patient age, sex, and more after the initial search. The VisualDx mobile app is available on iOS and Android. From the homepage, scroll down and click on "Get the Mobile App" to register for a personal account to be used on mobile device. Then download the app in the App store.
Please send feedback to Jie Li at 460-6890 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Biomedical Library will be open with extended exam study hours this weekend, April 29th and 30th.
Friday, April 29 - 7:15am-9:45pm
Saturday, April 30 - 9:00am-9:45pm
photo credit: UBC Library Communications
Welcome to the 108th issue of Biofeedback.
- Director's Notes: New Faces in the Library
- Biomedical Library Subscribes to UpToDate
- Staff Spotlight: Ron Edmondson, Library Technical Assistant
- Meet Rachel Fenske, Our Newest Librarian
- The Biomedical Library Interlibrary Loan Department Can Help Your Research
- BMJ Best Practice Patient Information Leaflets
- ClinicalKey CME Enhancement
- New Clinical Updates Page
- New Journal/E-Book Search
- JOVE Science Education Database Changes
- Biomedical Library Subscribes to Taylor & Francis Medical Library Journal Package
- Copyright Corner: Orphan Works
- Faculty Publications: Winter 2016 (September 2015 to January 2016)
photo credit: Bellingrath Gardens azaleas in bloom, Auburn University Libraries Alabama Postcard Collection
The Biomedical Library will be closed Tuesday, February 9, 2016 for the Mardi Gras holiday. We will open with regularly scheduled hours on Wednesday morning.
Laissez les bons temps rouler!
The Biomedical Library will close Monday, January 18, 2016 with the university for Martin Luther King Jr. Day. We will be open with usual hours on Saturday and Sunday, and open at 7:15am on Tuesday the 19th.