USA Biomedical Library's blog
The Biomedical Library will be closed Monday, May 25, 2015 in observance of Memorial Day. We will be open with regularly-scheduled hours on both Saturday and Sunday and will re-open at 7:15am on Tuesday.
Have a beautiful Memorial Day!
photo credit: "Remembering those who gave all" by Robin on Flickr
The USA Biomedical Library has a trial for a set of updated USMLE First-Aid Study Texts. You can download the following PDF e-books and use them to study on the device of your choice.
- First Aid for the USMLE Step 1 2014
- First Aid Cases for the USMLE Step 1, Third Edition
- First Aid Q&A for the USMLE Step 1, Third Edition
- First Aid for the USMLE Step 2 CK, Eighth Edition
- First Aid Cases for the USMLE Step 2 CK, Second Edition
- First Aid Q&A for the USMLE Step 2 CK, Second Edition
- First Aid for the USMLE Step 2 CS, Fourth Edition
- First Aid for the USMLE Step 3, Third Edition
- USMLE Pharmacology Review Flash Cards
After trying these resources, please let us know if you think they are a helpful resource for our collection. Contact Jie Li at firstname.lastname@example.org or 251-460-6890.
The Biomedical Library will be open until 9:45pm this Friday and Saturday, May 1-2, 2015 for extended exam study hours. As always, the HIRC at the USA Medical Center is available 24 hours a day to College of Medicine students and Nursing and Allied Health students who have reached the clinical components of their programs.
Good luck with your exams!
photo credit: Studying Women by dongga on Flickr
Once again, the USA Libraries are collecting books for the kids and teens of the USA Children's Medical Center in honor of National Library Week. Please bring your new and gently-used children's books to any USA Libraries location to be shared with the patients at the pediatric clinic. Help make sure every child has a book.
The Biomedical Library will be closed this Sunday, April 5 for the Easter Holiday. We will be open with regular hours on Friday and Saturday, and we will re-open on our regular schedule Monday morning.
Have a lovely weekend!
photo credit: David Yu
The Trip Database has long offered high-level evidence results on clinical topics. When you perform a search in Trip, recent systematic reviews, evidence-based guidelines, and high quality clinical trials rise to the top of your search results. Previously, because this was a free, web-based resource, you could not easily connect through from Trip to the full-text resources that our library provides. Now, however, when you sign-up for a free Trip account and choose the University of South Alabama as your institution, you will see links to check our collection for full text access under all article results. Check the image below for guidance, and if you have any questions, feel free to contact the reference desk at email@example.com or 251-461-1424.
From Friday, February 27- Sunday, March 8, the Biomedical Library will be closing 1 hour early on Mondays-Fridays for Spring Break hours. See details below.
- Friday, Feb 27 - 7:15am-4:45pm
- Saturday, Feb 28 - 9:00am-5:45pm
- Sunday, Mar 1 - 1:00pm to 9:45pm
- Monday, Mar 2-Tuesday, Mar 3 - 7:15am-9:45pm
- Wednesday, Mar 4-Thursday, Mar 5 - 7:15am-10:45pm (usual hours)
- Friday, Mar 6 - 7:15am-4:45pm
- Saturday, Mar 7 - 9:00am-5:45pm
- Sunday, Mar 8 - 1:00pm-9:45pm
Have a safe and happy Spring Break!
photo credit: John Tuggle
The Biomedical Library will be closed with the rest of the university for in celebration of Mardi Gras next Tuesday, February 17, 2015. Regular hours will be observed both Monday the 16th and Wednesday the 18th. Have a safe and happy Mardi Gras!
Laissez les bons temps rouler!
photo credit: Amy Walker
Welcome to the 105th issue of Biofeedback!
- Director's Notes
- What's New on AccessMedicine?
- Information Triage at the Biomedical Library
- Three New Nursing Journals Added to the Biomedical Library's Collection
- Clinical Pharmacology Updates Drug-Drug Interaction Report
- Lexicomp Drug Database Added to the Biomedical Library's Collection
- theNNT Quick Summaries of Evidence-Based Medicine
- NIH Toolbox
- Kaltura: Helping Universities Capture and Manage Video Content
- An Introduction to Grey Literature: Part I
- Biomedical Librarians Bring Health Literacy Awareness to Project Homeless Connect
- Copyright Corner: the Exclusive Rights
- Faculty Publications
The Biomedical Library will be closed on Monday, January 19, 2015 in observance of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. It will reopen with regularly scheduled hours on Tuesday morning, January 20.
Please consider joining many other in the USA community and participating in the MLK Day of Service.