USA Biomedical Library's blog
The Biomedical Library will close at noon on Wednesday, November 25 for the Thanksgiving holidays and remain closed Thursday, November 26 and Friday, November 27. The library will open with regular hours on Saturday, November 28 and Sunday, November 29.
- Wed 11/25 - 7:15am-noon
- Thur 11/26 - closed
- Fri 11/27 - closed
- Sat 11/28 - 9am-5:45pm
- Sun 11/29 - 1pm-9:45pm
The Biomedical Library is having a trial on UpToDate.
UpToDate is an electronic, evidence-based clinical decision support resource. UpToDate covers over 10,500 topics in over 20 medical specialties and includes more than 28,000 graphics, more than 400,000 references and a drug database.
During the trial, the mobile app is not available. However, the online version is optimized for mobile access.
To try UpToDate click the link above and send feedback to Jie Li at email@example.com or (251) 460-6890.
Welcome to the 107th issue of Biofeedback.
- Library Services for USA Children’s and Women’s Hospital
- AIDSource or AIDSinfo: What's the Difference?
- New Biomedical Library eBooks
- The EBSCO eBooks App Is Now Available!
- PubMed Central (PMC) and What's in It
- Biomedical Library’s Interprofessional Collaboration Center
- New Nursing Theory Subject Guide
- Meet Donna Ladnier, Circulation Supervisor
- Copyright Corner: Institutional Policies
- Faculty Publications Summer Semester 2015 (May to August)
Image: People's Drugs, located at 522 Dauphin Street in Mobile, Alabama, offered a fine example of a drug store and soda fountain when this picture was made early in the twentieth century. It was owned and operated by African Americans. Courtesy of the Doy Leale McCall Rare Book and Manuscript Library, University of South Alabama, available through Alabama Mosaic.
The USA Biomedical Library will be closed Friday, July 3 and Saturday, July 4, 2015 in observance of Independence Day. It will re-open at 1pm with regularly-scheduled hours on Sunday, July 5.
We wish you a safe and happy Fourth of July weekend!
photo credit: Vinoth Chandar
Welcome to the 106th issue of Biofeedback!
The Biomedical Library will be closed Monday, May 25, 2015 in observance of Memorial Day. We will be open with regularly-scheduled hours on both Saturday and Sunday and will re-open at 7:15am on Tuesday.
Have a beautiful Memorial Day!
photo credit: "Remembering those who gave all" by Robin on Flickr
The USA Biomedical Library has a trial for a set of updated USMLE First-Aid Study Texts. You can download the following PDF e-books and use them to study on the device of your choice.
- First Aid for the USMLE Step 1 2014
- First Aid Cases for the USMLE Step 1, Third Edition
- First Aid Q&A for the USMLE Step 1, Third Edition
- First Aid for the USMLE Step 2 CK, Eighth Edition
- First Aid Cases for the USMLE Step 2 CK, Second Edition
- First Aid Q&A for the USMLE Step 2 CK, Second Edition
- First Aid for the USMLE Step 2 CS, Fourth Edition
- First Aid for the USMLE Step 3, Third Edition
- USMLE Pharmacology Review Flash Cards
After trying these resources, please let us know if you think they are a helpful resource for our collection. Contact Jie Li at firstname.lastname@example.org or 251-460-6890.
The Biomedical Library will be open until 9:45pm this Friday and Saturday, May 1-2, 2015 for extended exam study hours. As always, the HIRC at the USA Medical Center is available 24 hours a day to College of Medicine students and Nursing and Allied Health students who have reached the clinical components of their programs.
Good luck with your exams!
photo credit: Studying Women by dongga on Flickr
Once again, the USA Libraries are collecting books for the kids and teens of the USA Children's Medical Center in honor of National Library Week. Please bring your new and gently-used children's books to any USA Libraries location to be shared with the patients at the pediatric clinic. Help make sure every child has a book.
The Biomedical Library will be closed this Sunday, April 5 for the Easter Holiday. We will be open with regular hours on Friday and Saturday, and we will re-open on our regular schedule Monday morning.
Have a lovely weekend!
photo credit: David Yu