USA Biomedical Library's blog
The Biomedical Library will be closed Monday, September 1, 2014 for the Labor Day holiday. We will remain open with regularly scheduled hours for the weekend preceding the holiday and will re-open at 7:15am on Tuesday.
Have a safe and happy Labor Day weekend!
photo credit: McCall Rare Book and Manuscript Library
Men work to construct the interior of the Bankhead Tunnel, 1940
The USA Simulation Lab has purchased Bates' Visual Guide to Physical Examination, and we are pleased to announce that it is now available through the Biomedical Library website. Bates' Visual Guide offers over 8-hours of systems-based examination techniques and clinical skills videos to support health professions' curricula.
Welcome to the 102nd issue of Biofeedback.
- Director's Notes
- Springer Images
- Tech Corner: Free App Update
- Benefits of a My Access Personal Account in AccessMedicine and AccessSurgery
- ClinicalKey Video Guided Tour
- Community Health Outreach to Seniors: a Healthcare Information for Seniors Project Update
- Write Articles? Meet JANE: the Journal/Article Name Estimator
- TEDMED Talks
- World Health Organization Joins PubMed Central
- NLM Launches Value Set Authority Center
- Faculty Publications: May-July 2014
The Biomedical Library will be hosting extended hours this weekend for exam study.
- Friday, July 18 - 7:15am-9:45pm
- Saturday, July 19 - 9:00am-9:45pm
Good luck on your finals!
photo credit: US Library of Congress
The Baugh Biomedical Library will be closed on Friday, July 4 in honor of Independence Day. It will open with regularly scheduled hours on Saturday, July 5.
The Health Information Resource Center at the USA Medical Center will be closed Friday, as well, but will remain accessible with 24-hour key card access through the security desk.
Enjoy your Fourth of July!
photo credit: The Doy Leale McCall Rare Book and Manuscript Library
Welcome to the 101st issue of the Biofeedback!
- Director's Notes
- Off-Campus Login Changes
- Increasing Value and Reducing Waste in Research
- Librarians' Roles in Producing Systematic Reviews
- Healthcare Information for Seniors (HCIS) Project
- Create Your ClinicalKey Personal Account
- Electronic Versus Print: Which is Better for Cognition?
- Canopy Medical Translator
- MeSH on Demand: Get Subject Headings from Abstracts
- Faculty Publications: March-May 2014
photo: "Gulf Shores Shrimp Festival 1973" from the Press Register collection of The Doy Leale McCall Rare Book and Manuscript Library, University of South Alabama
The Baugh Biomedical Library will be closed Monday, May 26, 2014 for the Memorial Day holiday. The Health Information Resource Center will also be closed, but will remain available through 24-hour key card access as usual. Regular hours will resume on Tuesday morning.
Enjoy the holiday weekend!
photo credit: Randy Robertson
The Biomedical Library will be closed due to a planned campus power outage this Sunday, May 18. Since the web server is housed on site, this will also cause the website to be down for several hours.
Biomedical Library resources can be accessed during this time in the following ways:
Marx Library website: http://www.usouthal.edu/univlib/database/medical.html
ALHeLA911.org emergency backup: http://www.alhela911.org/?page_id=9
Please bookmark these sites ahead of time for Sunday availability.
The Biomedical Library will be observing extended study hours for the next two weekends.
Friday, April 25: 7:15am-9:45pm
Saturday, April 26: 9:00am-9:45pm
Friday, May 2: 7:15am-9:45pm
Saturday, May 3: 9:00am-9:45pm
Good luck on your exams!
photo credit: blissfully ethereal
The USA Biomedical Library will be closed for Easter on Sunday, April 20, 2014. We will be open on the Friday and Saturday preceding, as usual, and will reopen for regularly scheduled hours on Monday, April 21.
photo credit: Påskekort (Easter card), ca 1916, National Library of Norway