USA Biomedical Library's blog
The Biomedical Library will be closed in honor of Memorial Day on Monday, May 30, 2016. The library will remain open with usual hours this Saturday and Sunday (May 28-29) and reopen on Tuesday morning.
Have a safe and happy holiday weekend!
The Biomedical Library will be open with extended exam study hours this weekend, April 29th and 30th.
Friday, April 29 - 7:15am-9:45pm
Saturday, April 30 - 9:00am-9:45pm
photo credit: UBC Library Communications
Welcome to the 108th issue of Biofeedback.
- Director's Notes: New Faces in the Library
- Biomedical Library Subscribes to UpToDate
- Staff Spotlight: Ron Edmondson, Library Technical Assistant
- Meet Rachel Fenske, Our Newest Librarian
- The Biomedical Library Interlibrary Loan Department Can Help Your Research
- BMJ Best Practice Patient Information Leaflets
- ClinicalKey CME Enhancement
- New Clinical Updates Page
- New Journal/E-Book Search
- JOVE Science Education Database Changes
- Biomedical Library Subscribes to Taylor & Francis Medical Library Journal Package
- Copyright Corner: Orphan Works
- Faculty Publications: Winter 2016 (September 2015 to January 2016)
photo credit: Bellingrath Gardens azaleas in bloom, Auburn University Libraries Alabama Postcard Collection
The Biomedical Library will be closed Tuesday, February 9, 2016 for the Mardi Gras holiday. We will open with regularly scheduled hours on Wednesday morning.
Laissez les bons temps rouler!
The Biomedical Library will close Monday, January 18, 2016 with the university for Martin Luther King Jr. Day. We will be open with usual hours on Saturday and Sunday, and open at 7:15am on Tuesday the 19th.
The Biomedical Library on campus will be closed for the holiday break from Saturday, December 19, 2015 to Sunday, January 3, 2016. We will open with regularly scheduled hours on Monday, January 4.
The UMC Health Information Resource Center will have the following hours:
- Mon Dec 21-Wed Dec 23: 8:00am - 4:00pm
- Thur Dec 24-Sun Dec 27: Closed
- Mon Dec 28-Wed Dec 30: 8:00am - 4:00pm
- Thur Dec 31-Sun Jan 3: Closed
Regular after-hours card access will still be available.
photo: Swans of light at Bellingrath Gardens by Kenny Alexander on Flickr
To meet the demands of our faculty, residents, students and other health care providers, the Biomedical Library has subscribed to UpToDate. To access UpToDate, use the link above, or the links from the resources section of our homepage or our databases page.
UpToDate is an evidence-based clinical decision support resource. It covers over 10,500 topics in over 20 medical specialties and includes more than 28,000 graphics, more than 400,000 references and a drug database.
To use the mobile app, first register for a personal account by using the "Register" link under the search bar on the UpToDate homepage or the login link on the mobile version of the UpToDate homepage. Then download the UpToDate app from the app store on your mobile device and sign in using your personal account. To register for a personal account you must be on the campus of and using the network of the university, one of the hospitals, SHAC, or MCI. Personal accounts are not available through the proxy login or over VMware.
If you have any questions, please contact the Biomedical Library at email@example.com or 251-460-7044.
This Biomedical Library will be open late this Friday and Saturday for extended weekend study hours.
- Friday, 12/4 - 7:15am-9:45pm
- Saturday, 12/5 - 9:00am-9:45pm
Good luck on your exams!
photo credit: UC Irvine Library Stacks 2012
The Biomedical Library will close at noon on Wednesday, November 25 for the Thanksgiving holidays and remain closed Thursday, November 26 and Friday, November 27. The library will open with regular hours on Saturday, November 28 and Sunday, November 29.
- Wed 11/25 - 7:15am-noon
- Thur 11/26 - closed
- Fri 11/27 - closed
- Sat 11/28 - 9am-5:45pm
- Sun 11/29 - 1pm-9:45pm