Biofeedback 83 - June 2011
The newest version of the USA Biomedical Library’s newsletter Biofeedback in its new blog format has just been posted.
- In Director’s Notes, you can learn how the Library will adjust services in order to deal with budget reductions.
- Impact Factor influences where researchers choose to publish and who reads what journal. How much do you know about these ranking tools?
- Discover which medical mobile apps are available to you for free through the Biomedical Library's subscriptions.
- MD Consult has just updated their database with several new editions of favorite texts (Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics, The Harriet Lane Handbook) and with added PDF chapters for core clinical titles. Also, learn about the benefits of setting up a free MD Consult account.
- Science Direct has announced a new image search feature.
- Learn how to locate and access older journal articles recently deposited in PubMed.
- The Medicine in the Americas project from the National Library of Medicine displays over 300 printed books that chronicle the evolution of American medicine.
- Another great resource from the NLM, Images from the History of Medicine is a collection of more than 70,000 images dating from the 15th to 21st century that depict the social and historical aspects of medicine.
- A new “Healthy People 2020” app developed by Sonoma County Department of Health Services won first place in a competition sponsored earlier this year by the Department of Health and Human Services. Take a look to see the type of information this county is tracking to assess their progress towards the Healthy People 2020 national health targets.
- Browse the titles of new books in the library’s collection this summer.
- Read the latest publications by USA Health Sciences faculty members.