Biofeedback 81 - February 2011
The USA Biomedical Library is pleased to introduce readers to the newest rendition of our long-standing newsletter, Biofeedback. In an effort to serve you more timely and efficiently, we can now introduce you to the Library’s latest resources via live links from a new blog format. With just one click you can read about and then access our latest e-books, faculty publications, PubMed tools, interlibrary loan account, and other resources which improve access to biomedical research. Please feel free to leave comments; they will help us to constantly improve our efforts.
The first issue of the blog is available from the link below. Future postings will be on a bi-monthly publication schedule. An archive for the electronic issues for Biofeedback retrospective to Spring 2009, is available from the blog’s sidebar.
In this premiere issue of the Biofeedback blog, you can
- Read about other improvements at the Biomedical Library in the Director’s Notes.
- Find out about the new Healthy People 2020 objectives and how you can become involved.
- Look at the newly redesigned National Library of Medicine homepage.
- Discover how, as of October, 2010, the PubMed abstract display for PubMed Central® articles has been enhanced to include an image strip displaying thumbnails of the article's first several images.
- Read about the many campus entities and colleges that participated in several community health fairs last fall in conjunction with the Library’s Empowering Health Ministry Leaders Project.
- Sign up for an interlibrary loan account after reading about available benefits.
- Evaluate and compare journals in your field using Journal Citations Reports.
- Access one of the recently purchased E-books.
- Read your peers’ latest publication from the list of Faculty Publications: August – December, 2010, often linked directly to the article.