Resources for the College of Medicine
Frequently Asked Questions
The Biomedical Library has the following online resources available for board exam preparation.
- EXAM MASTER Online
An excellent resource for medical students in all phases of their medical education, with each section consisting of question banks containing a large number of questions. Of special relevance to the medical student are the following sections: USMLE is useful to medical students in preparing for all steps of the USMLE, Step 1, Step 2, and Step 3. Certification Review Series is useful to residents in preparing for various certification exams. Finally, the Medical Subject Review offers board questions arranged by subject for most of the subjects taught in the first two years of the M.D. curriculum.
- USMLEasy Lite
This is another excellent resource to aid in board preparation. Found on the Access Medicine link, it requires a free registration to access the test bank.
- Access Medicine's Self-Assessments
- First Aid USMLE E-books from STAT!Ref
- Print Resources
- Advanced life support for the USMLE step 2 - WB 18.2 A244 1999 Reserves
- Appleton & Lange's review for the USMLE step 1 - W 18.2 A649 2000 Reference
- Appleton & Lange's review for the USMLE step 2 - W 18.2 A6491 2000 Reference
- Appleton & Lange's review for the USMLE step 3 - W 18.2 A6492 1997-Reserves 2001-Reference
- First aid for the USMLE Step 1 - W 18.2 F57 2005 Reference
- Prescription for the boards : USMLE step 2 : a student-to-student guide - WB 18.2 P933 1998 Reserves
- PreTest clinical vignettes for the USMLE step 2 : PreTest self-assessment and review - W 18.2 P9405 1999 Reserves
- Surgery : classic clinical cases for USMLE step 2 review - WO 18.2 S961 1999 Reserves
- USMLE step 1 : behavioral sciences - W 40 U86be 2000 Reserves
- USMLE step 1 : biochemistry, molecular biology, cell biology, genetics - W 40 U86bi 2000 Reserves
- USMLE step 1 : general principles - W 40 U86ge 2000 Reserves
- USMLE step 1 : microbiology, immunology - W 40 U86mi 2000 Reserves
- USMLE step 1 : test taking and study strategies guide - W 40 U86te 2000 Reserves
- USMLE step 1 : the organ systems - W 40 U86or 2000 Reserves
- USMLE step 2 review : 975 questions & answers - W 18.2 U8611 1996 Reserves
Books in Reserves are located behind the Circulation Desk on the first floor. Books in Reference are located between the elevators and the reference desk on the second floor. Neither reference nor reserve materials can be checked out, but both can be used in the library and copied.
The Biomedical Library has many useful full-text books available [mainly through the Electronic Books link]. Since many of these books are widely-used study aids/guides/reference sources, the thrifty medical student can save money by accessing these works via our website, rather than purchasing them in print form.
- Access Medicine
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine, 17th Edition
- Goodman & Gilman’s The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, 11th Edition
- Atlas of Emergency Medicine, 2nd Edition
- Lange Educational Library
Click on the “Textbooks” tab in Access Medicine to use this invaluable resource, which contains concise study guides to 42 subjects from both the didactic and clinical phases of the medical school curriculum.
- Conn's Current Therapy
- Current Diagnosis and Treatment series
- Kaplan & Sadock's Comprehensive Textbook of Psychiatry
- Medical History Taking Study Guide
- Merck Manual of Diagnosis and Therapy, 17th ed.
- Oxford Handbook(s)
- Robbin's Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Stedman's Medical Dictionary
- Primal Pictures Interactive Anatomy, “The World’s Most Detailed 3D Model of Human Anatomy Online.”
PubMed - NLM's Medline interface
Primal Pictures - 3D human anatomy medical software
Cochrane Library - Database of systematic reviews
Access Medicine - Major medical texts, study guide, practice guidelines, and more
ExamMaster Online - prepare for board exams
Integrated Medical Curriculum - medical education materials
Clinical Skills Multimedia - Video resources to support clinical skills in COM Curriculum